Besides gaming, discord has a diversified audience due to its wide variety of features such as voice calls, video calls, texting, and server joining, which makes large communities to communicate easily.
Table of Contents
Why Audio Feature does not Work in Screen Sharing Utility in discord ?
1.Unstable Audio Feature in Initial Version
2.Faulty Audio Drivers
3.Administrative Access not Granted
Solutions for Discord’s Screen Share No Audio Issue.
Before we look into technical solutions try and double check the following:
- You have credentials to login the Discord application (these are required to grant Administrative access).
- While making a video call, you have enabled the Sound toggle button from the video call toolbar.
Solution 01: Grant Administrative Access Permissions to Discord
- Launch File Explorer by pressing Windows + E and navigate to the Installation location of Discord.
- You can directly go to the location, by writing Discord in your Start menu and right clicking on the app to choose Open File Location option.
- After getting into the installation directory, right click on the Discord.exe file and open Properties.
- Under the Compatibility tab, go to the Settings section.
- Check the Run this Program as an Administrator.
- Click on Apply and then Ok to save changes.
Solution No 02: Restarting/Rebooting your PC.
Solution No#03: Update the Discord App
- Press Window + R key to open the Run Dialog.
- Type %localappdata% and click OK
3.In the opened directory, find the Discord folder and open it.
4.Click on Update.exe file and wait till the update gets completed.
Solution No 04: Add your Activity from Settings
It’s usually the case that Discord automatically detects which activity you are working on, but sometimes the application confuses when you are on screen sharing mode, between your game and applications.
For example, if you are playing a game and also using Discord in the background for some other purpose, then there is a chance that during your streaming of the game you may come across the no sound error.
- Open Discord User Settings by clicking on the little gear icon located in the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Game Activity option under Game settings
- Add your game.
- Turn on the Overlay toggle button.
Solution No 05: Avoid using Full Screen Window
Solution No 06: Update Audio Drivers
- Press Window + R keys to open Run dialog.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click Ok.
- Expand the Audio inputs and outputs section.
- Right click on your Sound driver and click on Update Driver.
- Restart your PC
Solution No 07: Use Discord’s Push to Talk Feature
Solution No 08: Reset Voice Settings on Discord
- Go to User Settings.
- Go to Voice and Video Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Reset Voice Settings.
- Click Okay to confirm.
Solution No 09: Clear Discord Roaming Data/Cache
- Shut Discord completely.
- Open the Run Dialog (Windows + R).
- Type %appdata% and click Ok.
- Find the Discord folder.
- Right click it and click on Delete.
- Restart Discord and check if the issue has been solved.
Solution No 09: Disable Antivirus
If after trying all of the issues you are still facing the problem then your Antivirus can also be the core reason of Discord malfunctioning. Try disabling your respective Antivirus and see if the issue gets solved. If yes, then shift to some other antivirus or contact the vendor of your current antivirus and ask for advice.
Solution No 10: Reinstall Discord
Finally, you can uninstall Discord from Programs category of your Control Panel. After successful uninstall, reinstall it from https://discord.com/ and relaunch.