Table of Contents
A Discord server is a collection of channels. These channels serve their respective individual purpose and people added in a particular channel can communicate with each other through text messages, voice and video calling, screen sharing, streaming, etc.
How to Delete a Discord Server Via Desktop Application
- Open Discord application from your device (PC or Mac).
- Go into the server that you want to delete.
- While you are in the server, expand the top menu located in the top left corner of the screen, beside the server name.
- Click on the Server Settings
On clicking the Delete Server button, a confirmation popup will appear to ask for the Server name. Enter the correct name of the server as it appears on the top of pop up dialog box, and click on Delete Server.
Note: Only the user who possesses ownership rights of the server can delete it.
If you are not the owner you can only leave the server but not permanently delete it. To do so, check: HOW TO LEAVE A DISCORD SERVER ON PC AND MOBILE [WITH DEMONSTRATION]
What If You Don’t Want the Server but Still Don’t Want to Delete It?
- Open the Server Settings.
- Click on Members, under User Management section.
- A list of server members will appear on the screen.
- Right click on the name of member who you want to give the ownership and click on Transfer Ownership.
How To Delete the Discord Server through Mobile Application
- Open the Discord app on your phone and go to the server you want to delete.
- Swipe right the left side navigation menu and click on the three dots besides the server name.
Discord is a communication platform where you can create your own communication servers and manage them accordingly. In this article, we practically went through the process of deleting a Discord server via both the Desktop and Mobile app, and saw how the server ownership can be transferred among users.